How can i put the search widget in another page location?

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Controls
Feb 14, 2011 at 6:20 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2011 at 6:25 AM

Hi,

I'd basically like to take the existing BE search, but i want to put it in the header bar on my page. Theres room in my site design for a text box with an img of a magnifying glass to serve as the submit button. Just need to know how to tie that into the existing search functionality.

I dont remember where i found this, but i have this bit of code in my page header:

<blog:SearchOnSearch ID="SearchOnSearch1" runat="server" MaxResults="3" Headline="Say what?" ></blog:SearchOnSearch>
It doesnt seem to do anything though. When i view the source code of the web page in the browser, where that bit of code is, it
's just blank.

Thanks

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Anyone?

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:24 PM

<blog:SearchBox ID="SearchBox1" runat="server" />, take a look at error page error404.aspx for an example

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Thanks, that's got me halfway to what i need. Can you tell me what file i need to edit in order to change the appearance of the search box? In the theme i've chose for my blog, the button is replaced with an image, and I want to remove the checkbox for the option to search comments. I can't seem to find the code that generates the search box.

Actually, i think i just found the code that generates the search box. So i'll play around with that and see if i can tweak the styling.

Could you tell me what page/code is responsible for displaying the search results? that's the next thing i need to adjust the styling on.

Thanks