Importing BlogML from WordPress

Feb 28, 2011 at 3:14 AM
Edited Mar 2, 2011 at 2:34 AM

I currently have a WordPress blog. I uploaded an export script into WordPress that allows WP to export to BlogML. I used the BlogML.xsd schema to find and remove some errors in the exported BlogML. Once I had those fixed, I tried using the Blog Importer tool (ClickOnce version) and when I validate the BlogML and the Destination URL, I do not get any errors. However, when I try to do the import, I get an error that says the username and password is incorrect. I usually end up with 8 or 9 posts being imported, but no pictures at all. Is there some documenation to walk someone through an export of WordPress and import into Blog Engine.NET?  My goal is to move all my posts with images, comments, etc into BE.NET from my WP Blog. Also, I just installed version This is a brand new installation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 2, 2011 at 2:54 AM

A bit more info - When I try to use the other import functionality - the non Click Once version, I get an error saying "BlogReader.Import: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx"

Mar 2, 2011 at 3:03 AM

Just for the heck of it, I tried importing my BlogML into BE .NET v 1.6 and it moved over quite easily, pictures and everything. If there aren't any other ideas, I suppose I will import into v 1.6 and then upgrade to 2.0.

Mar 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM

The username/password error is usually an incorrect/misleading error message that shows up when an unhandled error occurs.

If you have a BlogML export file that reproduces the problem and don't mind sharing the data, I could take a look at it ... if you PM me with either a URL (i.e. a non-public URL) to the BlogML file, or just PM me, I'll reply and I can get the file via a normal email attachment, I'll see if I can reproduce it, and if so, make any necessary fixes.

At least you discovered that the import into BE 1.6 works -- that's good news.

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:21 PM

hi,can you email me the  export script ?

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:21 PM

hi,can you email me the  export script ?