How To Install On Windows 7 With IIS 7.5

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Hello,

I am totally new to blogging and decided to use yours.  It seems to be the best at what I want.  To blog and to tinker (since I am a C# developer.)  I tried watching the video and setting it up on this Windows 7 (64-bit) with IIS 7.5 but without much success.  Do you have plans on doing a new video with at least the new IIS style shown.  I am new to that and currently hate it.  I am sure it will grow on me and is much easier once I know where everything is.

Thanks

Mar 4, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Hi,

What are the issues you are running into? I just did an install on Server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 and it is working great.

Are you getting errors?

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I was able to get it to work this morning.  Mostly permissions and me trying some other things instead of just getting it up and running first and then changing thigns.  Not knowing exactly where to go between IIS styles took a bit of time but listening to what needed changed and eventually finding it, I got it working.

Since it is also a video on 1.3 I think it is about time to update it anyway.  Ideally for the new environments.  At least then to have both IIS styles available.

Thannks for your reply.