Need to create welcome page for front page of site (keep all posts on next level)

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls, Themes
Mar 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Hi

Can someone please tell me where to find the settings (if any)  so that I can have a custom site front page, with a slider/carousel, a sidebar or similar, but display all the posts and pages further into the site.

I am familiar with wordpress, and know they have a setting where i can set the front page to be a display (welcome page)

I've uploaded a screen shot if anyone wishes to see what i mean (as i hope i am making myself clear)
Click here to view

I am very new to the blogging engine, and I have tried to search around, so pardon me if this has been asked already, and refer me to the correct answer, or please tell me

Thank you so much!

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2011 at 7:00 PM

When create or edit page, there is a check box "is front page" - mark it and this page will become a front page of the site.

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM

And the link to the image was stopped by Kaspersky AntiVirus because it redirected me to a virus hoax site.

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Edited Mar 14, 2011 at 10:18 PM
MGD_King wrote:

And the link to the image was stopped by Kaspersky AntiVirus because it redirected me to a virus hoax site.

well i was hosting it at imageshack , i think thats safe

but try at my own site

http://einfal.com/welcomepage.jpg

Mar 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Edited Mar 14, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I think that's the second time I've been stopped from an imageshack link in the last couple of weeks.

Mar 15, 2011 at 4:13 AM

ok, but i still gave you an alternative url to browse from

Mar 15, 2011 at 4:19 AM
rtur wrote:

When create or edit page, there is a check box "is front page" - mark it and this page will become a front page of the site.

ok, need a little better help here

there is a default page default.aspx that displays all the posts

I want to have something different whereby default.aspx displays different content, and all the post views can be seen from a different page

this would mean allowing default.aspx to be a custom page, where i can put my own css / html code and allowing this to be the default page

any ideas?

thanks so much