Widget TextBox not found.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Mar 19, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Hi all,

I am new on Blogengine..I like it so much..

I have got an error on the blog...

"Widget TextBox not found.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.X"

Can you help me how I can solve this issue..

Mar 20, 2011 at 10:37 AM

You should have a Widgets folder.  In there, should be a sub-folder named "TextBox".  Make sure that the TextBox subfolder exists.  And then in the TextBox sub-folder, there should be 4 files -- edit.ascx, edit.ascx.cs, widget.ascx and widget.ascx.cs.  Make sure these 4 files exist.

Mar 21, 2011 at 11:15 AM

I check the files..4 files exists on the textbox folder..Have you got any other opinion?

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Please help me...

Apr 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM

When you are logged into the blog, the sidebar has a "widget selector" dropdown list.  And next to the dropdown list is a button labeled "Add".

The dropdown list should contain the names of widgets such as:  Administration, BlogRoll, Calendar, Category List, Link List, etc.  Do you see that dropdown list when logged in?  And if so, what items are in the dropdown list?   Do you see a "TextBox" widget in the dropdown list?  If so, what happens when you select the "TextBox" widget and click the "Add" button?  What happens if you select other types of widgets and click the "Add" button"?   If it's working correctly, you should see the widget appear that you selected.

Apr 8, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I can select and add the widgets..I also click to modify and change the selected widget.When I hit Ok and screen refresh. The widget get lost..You can see the error on the top of the page..I want to move it to bottom of the page but the move link didn’t work..

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Hi tozbilgen

I have the same problem about the widgets. Have you solved your problem? if yes please give me a hint.

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I'm also getting this message. It's right at the top sidebar on my blog (http://www.imafulltimemummy.com/) Any idea how to get rid of it?