Removing the "Submit to DotNetKicks..." link

Topics: Controls, Themes
Mar 22, 2011 at 2:37 AM

Since I am planning to use BlogEngine.net for a non-tech, family related blog I would really like to remove the link "Submit to DotNetKicks..." from every post. I understand this can be done by editing the "PostView.ascx" file in the theme but I was hoping there might be a simpler method that did not involve me having to edit the source code file in every theme I had installed. Is there anyway to remove "Submit to DotNetKicks..." from the admin menu? Thanks.

Mar 22, 2011 at 5:53 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM

The DotNetKicks is just mark-up code thats it:

<div class="bookmarks">
      <a rel="nofollow" title="Index <%=Index %>" target="_blank" href="http://www.dotnetkicks.com/submit?url=<%=Server.UrlEncode(Post.AbsoluteLink.ToString()) %>&amp;title=<%=Server.UrlEncode(Post.Title) %>">Submit to DotNetKicks...</a>
    </div>

There is no code within BlogEngine for this code, its only found in the PostView of themes. Since the postview code really doesn't

change much from theme to theme lots of developers just keep the Standard PostView in new themes.  They just change the site.master and css and thats it.

For future development we should create an <%=BookMarks %> control within B.E so in the future this can be avoided.

Java Blog