Changing the default page when deleting a post

Mar 22, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Hi,

In IIS 6.0 I have set the root default home page to e.g. Index.aspx so when ever I delete a post you are taken to Index.aspx instead of Default.aspx, the blog home page.

I need the user to hit Index.aspx when they enter the site, but equally hit the blog main page when a post is deleted. Can anyone tell me how I can change the 'delete' link to redirect to Defaults.aspx as it should normally?

Thanks

Mar 24, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Anyone?

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I'm really not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish. You have index.aspx set at a home page (or landing page) when a visitor visits your site, and you have BE running in that same root folder, which uses Default.aspx, right? BE has default.aspx coded into all of the links that it needs, and you would have to modify the code to use your index.aspx I would think. There's a couple of easier ways to do it.

1. Move BE into it's own subfolder, i.e; www.yourdomain.com/blog, or
2. Create a page within BE and set it as the home page.

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:52 PM

MGD King,

Ultimately what I need to know is where to find the code which sets the redirect page once you click ok in the pop up box confirming you would like to delete the post

All the links I have found in BE that return you to the blog home page, are usually defined by '/', so by adding Default.aspx instead of forward slash, regardless of the default document setting in IIS those links always go to the right page.

However, I can't find the code which sets the redirect page when a post is deleted?

Hopefully this makes more sense :)

Thanks

Mar 26, 2011 at 12:19 AM
max10enb wrote:

All the links I have found in BE that return you to the blog home page, are usually defined by '/', so by adding Default.aspx instead of forward slash, regardless of the default document setting in IIS those links always go to the right page.

BE was designed to run in its own directory, be that the root of your site or a subdirectory. I'm not sure if it's possible to use a index.aspx in the same folder as BE becasue IIS will serve up whichever file it is told in its configuration as the default document in the order that is listed. Maybe you could try to put the Index.aspx at the top of the list so IIS serves it up first? Just a thought. Honestly, I'm still trying to wrap my head around why you would want this.