@font-face w/font-squirrel

Topics: Themes
Mar 23, 2011 at 4:12 AM

Hi All,

I have used fontsquirrel.com to package up some fonts for my blog and I am trying to implement them in my theme. I have placed all fonts and the generator.config.txt which fontsquirrel generates into "themes/MyTheme" folder. I copy and pasted the css @fontface property and pasted it at the top of my style.css. When I apply the custom font-family attribute to any tags like H1, H2 etc. it does nothing. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Jonny Oh

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 8:39 AM

If fontsquirrel has some JavaScript or Flash based component they provided you and you installed that component into your blog, depending on how that component works, your fonts might get rendered.

But if they haven't given you any component like that, simply specifying a font-family for CSS styles will only work if the visitor on your site has that font already installed on their computer.  Without a special component designed for this, the browser is not capable or designed to download fonts from a web server and use them to render text.

An example component that does this is Cufon.  It's a JavaScript based component that allows you to package fonts into JS files, and the font is rendered via JavaScript and the canvas tag (among other techniques maybe).

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:19 AM
Thank you for the reply. I will install Cufon tomorrow. 4now...zzzzzzzzzz. Good night.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 3:40 AM, BenAmada <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

If fontsquirrel has some JavaScript or Flash based component they provided you and you installed that component into your blog, depending on how that component works, your fonts might get rendered.

But if they haven't given you any component like that, simply specifying a font-family for CSS styles will only work if the visitor on your site has that font already installed on their computer. Without a special component designed for this, the browser is not capable or designed to download fonts from a web server and use them to render text.

An example component that does this is Cufon. It's a JavaScript based component that allows you to package fonts into JS files, and the font is rendered via JavaScript and the canvas tag (among other techniques maybe).

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com