WLW and a privatized 2.0.0.47 BE blog

Mar 26, 2011 at 4:56 AM

I worked for awhile, on setting up another instance of BE on a subdomain.  I set it up to be privatized, but would still like to be able to use Windows Live Writer. 

So far, I added code to my web.config to allow access to wlwmanifest.xml, but this is not enough.  Getting a "405 Method not Allowed" error.  Are there further files, I need to open up to WLW?

Thanks for your help and Thanks to the team. I love BlogEngine.

Mar 26, 2011 at 2:44 PM
csturner wrote:

I worked for awhile, on setting up another instance of BE on a subdomain. 

Does this mean that you have BE running on the root of your domain? If so, did you change the web.config on the root to ignore child applications?

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM

the sub-domain is in its own directory.  I will check my web.config.  I have it setup to redirect everything to the login page, if the user isn't logged in. I have the following exceptions:

<location path="themes/Standard/css.axd">    <system.web>      <authorization>        <allow users="*" />      </authorization>    </system.web>  </location>

<location path="js.axd">    <system.web>      <authorization>        <allow users="*" />      </authorization>    </system.web>  </location>

<location path="wlwmanifest.xml">    <system.web>      <authorization>        <allow users="*" />      </authorization>    </system.web>  </location>