Email on GoDaddy and Port 25

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Apr 3, 2011 at 12:50 AM

I'm unable to set up email for BlogEngine on GoDaddy using SMTP port 25, and I can't switch to another port that I know will work (like 3535) because of the Medium Trust issue. Do I have any other options?

I have tried both the normal outgoing mail server (smtpout.secureserver.net) with full user name and password, and the relay server that they suggest for programmatic use, relay-hosting.secureserver.net, without user name and password. The former fails with an error; the latter appears to succeed but no email is delivered.

Thank you for any suggestions!

-Doug

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:57 AM

You could maybe use the Gmail SMTP server, that's what I use, it allows more emails per day then my host server, I have over 100 subscribers on my Newsletter.

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:31 AM

check with godaddy support and let them know that you are not able to send emails.

As in my case i am also using godaddy mailing service and its working fine my settings are:

Port - 25

SMTP Server - relay-hosting.secureserver.net

Thanks,

Jitendra

Apr 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Yes, this is working for me now also, using port 25 and relay-hosting.secureserver.net. Since the emails were arriving almost an hour after they were sent, I didn't realize that it was in fact working.

Hard to believe that GoDaddy allows automated, unauthenticated outgoing email over the standard port!

Thanks, everyone.

-Doug