BE 1.1 - Posts not in order

Topics: Controls
Apr 23, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Newbie here. I installed BE 1.1 (that's the version Network Solutions has for EZ-Click-Here install -- I don't think they have the latest version of ASP.NET, so upgrading may not be possible). I started writing a few blog entries. I expected the entries to display from newest (on top) to oldest (on bottom). That's not what I got. Instead of 4, 3, 2, 1 (where 1 is the first blog entry I wrote), I got 2, 3, 1, 4.

I tried deleting the first post and reposting it, but its location on the page didn't change. I didn't see anything in the settings to configure this. How can I get these entries in some kind of order? I don't want my newest post to appear below my initial "welcome" post -- it should appear at the top. :-(

Apr 24, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Well, I figured it out. I had unwittingly started some posts with the wrong time zone. I later corrected it, but I ended up with posts in the "wrong" order. I tried altering the time/date stamp to fix the order, but the posts didn't immediately re-sort themselves (so it seemed like the editing didn't work). I finally discovered that I had to create a new post to force the previous ones to fall into their newly edited order. Just saving a post with a different date wasn't enough to change the order. Hope this helps someone else.