Recapcha.cs not found

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Apr 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM

In Extensions, I click view source for Recapthca and it tells me the source is not found:

Source for [m:\sites\\App_Code\Extensions\Recaptcha.cs] not found

I look in my App_Code and this file is located in a Recaptcha folder under extensions.  Why is this set wrong and how can I change it.  I am getting spammed to death and ever since I upgraded to 2.0, I have never gotten recaptcha to work.  The older versions always worked for me.

I get the same error for SimpleCaptcha.

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2011 at 9:41 PM

This error means that recaptcha source code is not in the default location, which is fine. You don't need to edit source code to configure recaptcha. This guide is for 1.6, but functionality stays the same: go to extensions/tools/edit and set up recaptcha properties, then enable extension back in extensions list. Same for Akismet if you didn't enable it yet. Just for reference, here is my spam stats on standard BE install, you should expect similar.

(and I'm not even using recaptcha for the last few month).

Apr 27, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Right, I understand what the message is telling me.  I just don't know why it's pointing to the wrong place and how to change it.  I'd like everything to work right.   I got recaptcha to work (I was missing the keys).

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:13 AM

It is not really pointing to the wrong place - it simply haven't found source file in default location. Extension author not required to put it there, it is an option. It can be compiled as DLL with no source code at all. In the newer builds, BE checks if file exists and won't show source link if not.