Trying BE2.0

May 22, 2011 at 7:16 AM

I used the release 2.0 version, I run it in a ASP.NET4 application pool. I have setup the right config and database.

When I run it, all the .aspx pages, when accessed / viewed with a browser display some garbage!!!
It looks like wrong encoding, but I tried to correct that without success... :-/
If I look at the page source, I have the same kind of garbage, no HTML tag! something like that:
================

��`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@�������iG#)�*��eVe]f@�흼��{����{����;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"��Ey�')=��y6�����h����<Oϋ2O?�;�f���.���|�7wO����ڢZ�m�6/������Y�7��j��]Ѵ��w��i���I5�N�y�l�ϳEQ^?��'�z�-���ӫ������U��J��)~�?J�����*��Ѥ̦oI��]�P�"�/��v[����W�~���m`N�rvk���Mqz3���wV�vR��4��5A�[��qU-��:� ��zZ̲��Z6U�+p��������~��
  @H�P���
  ���]�=˧U����xi��.󺡯�_�/^��u�"����R�O�����ݝջN�w�l9�&���8���^���,���G��y�]^��뺡?��Ч���>�?��2�2�O.�g]�I�>��Z !x��ۻG���Ɲ��Ȋ�'��ǫUYL���y�^�v�������b6>�t?

================
 Any clues?!?!?

May 22, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Mmm... maybe I have some sort of strange IIS problems....

I used Fiddler 2 to look at what was returned by the server, and even though my app is in the virtual ap list and I go so far as opening the browser by clicking in IIS console => browse, I get

-----------------------
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Cache-Control: private
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 06:21:10 GMT
Content-Length: 1557

�`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@������iG#)�*��eVe]f@�흼��{���{���;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"��Ey�')=��y6����h����<Oϋ2O?�;�f���.��|�7wO����ڢZ�m�6/�����Y�7�j��]Ѵ��w��i���I5�N�y�l�ϳEQ^?��'�z�-���ӫ������U��J��)~�?J����*��Ѥ̦oI��]�P�"�/��v[����W�~���m`N�rvk���Mqz3���wV�vR�4���5A�[��qU-��:� ��zZ̲�Z6U�+p��������~��@H�P�����]�=˧U����xi��.󺡯�_�/^��u�"���R�O�����ݝջN�w�l9�&��8���^��,���G��y�]^��뺡?��Ч��>�?��2�2�O.�g]�I�>��Z!x��ۻG��Ɲ��Ȋ�'��ǫUYL���y�^�v������b6>�t?k��`=�K�z=������7"��F�G1���@��<��}t\Y9J��f-�a�~�/�K��z�|�-��W�ź��Q��&���4B��Q�4o�u��y|wrt�L�KLKI�����]ZMi� 3�u],/R}�O���9�Mͫ|���/Z�4��e�gMN_�7kZbڴ�i0�%u��HJ��9D��e�j�J<u�Mz5�ѪM�� �Z…���%�����I���}j��4o��ld误in�����ve[=J�� F�u���̥���0�-��ǪV~�������/���s�xu��(��v�ʚ􂘮�yxo�8�&��/�zfޗ��/+O��>͖鄘aF���0X7��g�I^VW$ev\�1ߍ�>풏>�4D�2>��������}L��q�^����λ��������w<���?~���-���v%����'c'�bU������r�Yۋ���?�2k��᫼Y��ْ�.�r�'��]g%�N/���IE��bY�k��?���!������-_�d��L�o�uuuv��j�Ud����Y��Y���M����N����ݽ{�?d��-����!e�naF�C�u%��?G��+���s�CF�s<��\޻��Wg�/��_�0�'uN-僭7�bEC�1��*��t"��F���1BgO�)����²u��2�/A���/84��-j� 6n�2����&gˢE۽ݝ��u5͛�h�/�b�eX,��z����ț'9�̏����eU,[G���9��Z��v���w��~t���_D���:Ԟ)c����fu�E1%f���t���M����UU�M��G���{��'�_��F���{{�{=߅#�<�p��@<�L����iW���T��s�~]���*����R����y����F�q�k�m��{Sӟ]խz�+!��y��߯W�y:AV�U�90���1}c��m~�#�-���p(r˞�z}��!���f~2�DV�>5���6_�7�s����B�}U�⽭ ���$�0��(s�W_݈��պ)������'���� 

-----------------------

so, now, in fact I have 2 problems! why 404? and why the strange characters?

May 22, 2011 at 9:07 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Reload the Web.config file  sometimes that helps.

If you are using the BE 2.0 release version its for asp.net 3.5 and not 4.0

You need to make the config file for 4.0

Download the source and open it up in Microsoft Visual Developer and when it asks which version say 4.0  and it will

config your  web.config for you.

Then ftp that web.config  file to your server.

Now  Re Ftp a .dll file to restart the app pool.  I use the blogenginecore.dll seems to work the best for me.

After all this it should work.

If not let us know here :)

Java Blog

May 22, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Here is what the web.config file should look like.  Its the one I am using for my BE 2.0  using 4.0

http://www.dev.bloggersonline.com/

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
	<configSections>
		<sectionGroup name="BlogEngine">
			<section name="blogProvider" requirePermission="false" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.BlogProviderSection, BlogEngine.Core" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" restartOnExternalChanges="true"/>
		</sectionGroup>
	</configSections>
	<BlogEngine>
		<blogProvider defaultProvider="XmlBlogProvider">
			<providers>
				<add name="XmlBlogProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvider, BlogEngine.Core"/>
				<!--<add name="DbBlogProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider, BlogEngine.Core" connectionStringName="BlogEngine"/>-->
			</providers>
		</blogProvider>
	</BlogEngine>
	<connectionStrings/>
	<appSettings>
		<add key="BlogEngine.FileExtension" value=".aspx"/>
		<!-- You can e.g. use "~/blog/" if BlogEngine.NET is not located in the root of the application -->
		<add key="BlogEngine.VirtualPath" value="~/"/>
		<!-- The regex used to identify mobile devices so a different theme can be shown -->
		<add key="BlogEngine.MobileDevices" value="(iemobile|iphone|ipod|android|nokia|sonyericsson|blackberry|samsung|sec\-|windows ce|motorola|mot\-|up.b|midp\-)"/>
		<!-- The name of the role with administrator permissions -->
		<add key="BlogEngine.AdminRole" value="Administrators"/>
		<!-- The name of the role for anonymous(non-authenticated) users. -->
		<add key="BlogEngine.AnonymousRole" value="Anonymous"/>
		<!-- The name of the role for Editors -->
		<add key="BlogEngine.EditorsRole" value="Editors"/>
		<!--This value is to provide an alterantive location for storing data.-->
		<add key="StorageLocation" value="~/App_Data/"/>
		<!--A comma separated list of script names to hard minify. It's case-sensitive. -->
		<add key="BlogEngine.HardMinify" value="blog.js,widget.js,WebResource.axd"/>
	</appSettings>
	<system.serviceModel>
		<services>
			<service behaviorConfiguration="AuthenticationServiceBehaviors" name="System.Web.ApplicationServices.AuthenticationService">
				<endpoint binding="basicHttpBinding" contract="System.Web.ApplicationServices.AuthenticationService"/>
			</service>
		</services>
		<serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true"/>
		<behaviors>
			<serviceBehaviors>
				<behavior name="AuthenticationServiceBehaviors">
					<serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true"/>
				</behavior>
			</serviceBehaviors>
		</behaviors>
	</system.serviceModel>
	<system.web.extensions>
		<scripting>
			<webServices>
				<authenticationService enabled="true" requireSSL="false"/>
			</webServices>
		</scripting>
	</system.web.extensions>
	<system.web>
		<compilation debug="true" targetFramework="4.0">
			<assemblies>
				<add assembly="System.Management, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
				<add assembly="System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
				<add assembly="System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
				<add assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
				<add assembly="System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
				<add assembly="System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
				<add assembly="System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies>
			<expressionBuilders>
				<add expressionPrefix="LinqLength" type="BlogEngine.Core.Compilation.LinqLengthExpressionBuilder, BlogEngine.Core"/>
				<add expressionPrefix="Reflect" type="BlogEngine.Core.Compilation.ReflectExpressionBuilder, BlogEngine.Core"/>
				<add expressionPrefix="Session" type="BlogEngine.Core.Compilation.SessionExpressionBuilder, BlogEngine.Core"/>
				<add expressionPrefix="Server" type="BlogEngine.Core.Compilation.ServerVariableExpressionBuilder, BlogEngine.Core"/>
				<add expressionPrefix="QueryString" type="BlogEngine.Core.Compilation.QueryStringExpressionBuilder, BlogEngine.Core"/>
				<add expressionPrefix="Code" type="BlogEngine.Core.Compilation.CodeExpressionBuilder, BlogEngine.Core"/>
			</expressionBuilders>
		</compilation>
		<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" culture="auto" uiCulture="auto"/>
		<httpRuntime enableVersionHeader="false" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" maxRequestLength="16384" executionTimeout="3600" requestLengthDiskThreshold="16384"/>
		<machineKey validationKey="D9F7287EFDE8DF4CAFF79011D5308643D8F62AE10CDF30DAB640B7399BF6C57B0269D60A23FBCCC736FC2487ED695512BA95044DE4C58DC02C2BA0C4A266454C" decryptionKey="BDAAF7E00B69BA47B37EEAC328929A06A6647D4C89FED3A7D5C52B12B23680F4" validation="SHA1" decryption="AES"/>
		<authentication mode="Forms">
			<forms timeout="129600" name=".AUXBLOGENGINE" protection="All" slidingExpiration="true" loginUrl="~/Account/login.aspx" cookieless="UseCookies"/>
		</authentication>
		<pages enableSessionState="false" enableViewStateMac="true" enableEventValidation="true" controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5" clientIDMode="AutoID">
			<controls>
				<add namespace="App_Code.Controls" tagPrefix="blog"/>
			</controls>
			<namespaces>
				<add namespace="BlogEngine.Core"/>
			</namespaces>
		</pages>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

<membership defaultProvider="XmlMembershipProvider">
			<providers>
				<clear/>
				<add name="XmlMembershipProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlMembershipProvider, BlogEngine.Core" description="XML membership provider" passwordFormat="Hashed"/>
				<!--<add name="SqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="BlogEngine" applicationName="BlogEngine"/>-->
				<!--<add name="DbMembershipProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbMembershipProvider, BlogEngine.Core" passwordFormat="Hashed" connectionStringName="BlogEngine"/>-->
			</providers>
		</membership>
		<roleManager defaultProvider="XmlRoleProvider" enabled="true" cacheRolesInCookie="true" cookieName=".BLOGENGINEROLES">
			<providers>
				<clear/>
				<add name="XmlRoleProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlRoleProvider, BlogEngine.Core" description="XML role provider"/>
				<!--<add name="SqlRoleProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="BlogEngine" applicationName="BlogEngine"/>-->
				<!--<add name="DbRoleProvider" type="BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbRoleProvider, BlogEngine.Core" connectionStringName="BlogEngine"/>-->
			</providers>
		</roleManager>
		<siteMap defaultProvider="PageSiteMap" enabled="true">
			<providers>
				<add name="PageSiteMap" description="The site map provider that reads in the .sitemap XML files." type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.Controls.PageSiteMap, BlogEngine.Core"/>
				<add name="SecuritySiteMap" description="Used for authenticated users." type="BlogEngine.Core.SecuritySiteMapProvider, BlogEngine.Core" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" siteMapFile="Web.sitemap"/>
			</providers>
		</siteMap>
		<httpModules>
			<add name="WwwSubDomainModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.WwwSubDomainModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
			<add name="UrlRewrite" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.UrlRewrite, BlogEngine.Core"/>
			<add name="CompressionModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.CompressionModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
			<add name="ReferrerModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.ReferrerModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
			<!--Remove the default ASP.NET modules we don't need-->
			<remove name="PassportAuthentication"/>
			<remove name="Profile"/>
			<remove name="AnonymousIdentification"/>
		</httpModules>
		<httpHandlers>
			<add verb="*" path="file.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.FileHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="image.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.ImageHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="syndication.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.SyndicationHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="sitemap.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.SiteMap, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="trackback.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.TrackbackHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="pingback.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.PingbackHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="opensearch.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.OpenSearchHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="metaweblog.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.API.MetaWeblog.MetaWeblogHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="rsd.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.RsdHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="css.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.CssHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="js.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.JavaScriptHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="res.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.ResourceHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="rating.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.RatingHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="opml.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.OpmlHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="blogml.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.BlogMLExportHandler, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="sioc.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.Sioc, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="apml.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.Apml, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="foaf*.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.Foaf, BlogEngine.Core" validate="false"/>
			<add verb="*" path="*.htm" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler"/>
		</httpHandlers>
	</system.web>
	<system.webServer>
		<validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false"/>
		<!-- Enable the staticContent section below to add Expires headers to images for better performance.
				 Some hosting providers does not allow the staticContent section to be set. -->
		<!--
    <staticContent>
      <clientCache httpExpires="Sun, 29 Mar 2020 00:00:00 GMT" cacheControlMode="UseExpires" />
      <mimeMap fileExtension=".mp4" mimeType="video/mp4" />
    </staticContent>
    -->
		<modules>
			<add name="WwwSubDomainModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.WwwSubDomainModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
			<add name="UrlRewrite" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.UrlRewrite, BlogEngine.Core"/>
			<add name="CompressionModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.CompressionModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
			<add name="ReferrerModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.ReferrerModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
		</modules>
		<handlers accessPolicy="Read, Write, Script, Execute">
			<add name="FileHandler" verb="*" path="file.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.FileHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="ImageHandler" verb="*" path="image.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.ImageHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Syndication" verb="*" path="syndication.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.SyndicationHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Sitemap" verb="*" path="sitemap.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.SiteMap, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Trackback" verb="*" path="trackback.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.TrackbackHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Pingback" verb="*" path="pingback.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.PingbackHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="OpenSearch" verb="*" path="opensearch.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.OpenSearchHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="MetaWeblog" verb="*" path="metaweblog.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.API.MetaWeblog.MetaWeblogHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="RSD" verb="*" path="rsd.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.RsdHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="CssHandler" verb="*" path="css.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.CssHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Javascript" path="js.axd" verb="*" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.JavaScriptHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Resource" verb="*" path="res.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.ResourceHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Rating" verb="*" path="rating.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.RatingHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Opml" verb="*" path="opml.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.OpmlHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="BlogML" verb="*" path="blogml.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.BlogMLExportHandler, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="SIOC" verb="*" path="sioc.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.Sioc, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Apml" verb="*" path="apml.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.Apml, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Foaf" verb="*" path="foaf*.axd" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpHandlers.Foaf, BlogEngine.Core" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
			<add name="Html" path="*.htm" verb="*" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode"/>
		</handlers>
		<!-- Enable the httpProtocol section below to manipulate some HTTP headers.
				 Some hosting providers does not allow the httpProtocol section to be set. -->
		<!--
		<httpProtocol>
			<customHeaders>
				<remove name="X-Powered-By" />
				<add name="Etag" value=" " />
			</customHeaders>
		</httpProtocol>
		-->
	</system.webServer>
</configuration>

May 22, 2011 at 9:21 AM

In fact there is a .NET4 config in the official 2.0 version, and I had to used it as I had some other problem before I get there....

At any rate, being stumped, I'm downloading the source right now! Hopefully, armed with VS, I can progress my understanding of what's going on!!!!

May 22, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Dunno what happened.... but when I debugged and build with VS, all worked fine...

Anyway, thanks for having a look! :)

May 22, 2011 at 11:19 AM

So its working now?

May 22, 2011 at 12:13 PM

yep, the source code version just worked fine!