ratings data

Topics: Controls
May 31, 2011 at 10:04 AM

Hi,

I have recently migrated from 1.6.1 to 2 of blogengine, the data migration had some problems which meant that we lost the ratings data. I have updated each blog directly in mssql to show the correct ratings (Raters, Ratings) however, when I refresh the blog the ratings data do not show on each of the blogs.

Can anyone help on this, I simply want to put the ratings data back to how it was by updating the database directly.

Thanks

Nick Ford

May 31, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Did you debug to see if DB call is being made to fetch rating data? Is there some DB error when getting this data?

Provide some more detail so someone from BE team can provide some help.

May 31, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Hi,

If I enter a rating by going to the blog and clicking on the rating widget it works fine, only the blogs that have had there ratings entered directly in to the database appear without a rating?

Is the blog rating widget looking at more than one place for its data?

Regards

Nick

May 31, 2011 at 1:14 PM

As far as I know, there is only place in DB where this data is stored (Raters and Ratings fileds in Post table). It may be worth debugging loading of an old Post data to see if rating data is being loaded or not. Or is it just some quirk with UI itself that it is looking for some HTML voodoo somewhere :-)

May 31, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Try restarting the app pool

Reftp  a .dll file to make it restart.

Java Blog

May 31, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Yes, that's done the trick.

Thanks for all your help.

Nick