IE9 & FF4 - Blog Posting Errors (BE 1.6.1)

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Currently, i'm using BlogEngine.NET 1.6.1.

When using IE9, if I try to post a new entry within the admin, i'm unable to click within the WYSIWYG editor to make any changes to the entry prior to actually posting.

Within FF4, If I use this to post my entry, the display in any version of IE is then incorrect. For example, when posting a new article using FF4 - IE users would then see the headline for the new article showing up with the content of the last previous entry and the new entry would not appear anywhere within the blog.

Due to tech priorities, we won't be able to upgrade to BE 2.0 in the near future, so any suggestions for what specifially would be causing the issues with posting in these new browsers and how to fix?

thanks!

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Hi,

Wasn't able to replicate the jumble in the saved posts, but replaced the files in the BE editors folder (local copy of BE 1.6) with the latest tinyMCE release files (ver 3.4) and after flushing the cache this allows you to work within the WYSIWYG editor.

There do not appear to be any obvious side effects after doing this, but depending on your technical constraints this may not be an option anyway.