aspx.cs files

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jun 7, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I have just purchased some windows hosted server space and I am trying to upload blogengine.net via filezilla. The support team are telling me that aspx.cs files are not supported. They say aspx.cs files are generally retained by the developer. Personally I am not familiar with aspx.cs files, I know what .cs files are and I am not sure if my host information is correct, if they are normal part of the blogengine 2.0 or if I have somehow managed to duplicate some stuff.  Any advise please.

Jun 7, 2011 at 4:46 PM

The hosting company doesn't know what they're talking about!   It's a standard practice to split .NET web pages into code and UI sections.

The .aspx.cs files are certainly required!   Change host company quickly!   You'll fight a losing battle with them if that's a sign of their knowledge/skills!

Jun 8, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Thanks

Jun 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM

You don't have to upload the CS files. open the blofengine.net web project with visual studio and publish it to your host.

then you will be able browse the website that use the binary files.

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Nothing gets publish when I upload from visual studio,,, there is something in the web.config file which stops information being found. When I upload via filezilla all of the site uploads, but I can only browse the one index.htm page. The host tell me its because of the aspx.cs files, changing host is an option if I was convinced it is not something I am doing.