Problems with body in style.css

Topics: Themes
Jun 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2011 at 1:16 PM

I´m totally new with BlogEngine.NET, downloaded the source, went through some documentation and videos and then went ahead and compiled it, ran it and then went on to start to build my site. First on my list was to create a theme for myself. I simply copied the standard theme and named it Mikael. Then i started to modify the CSS file and right away ran into trouble. The changes i make in the body tag simply will not go through. 

background-color: #000000;

width: 95%;

I have absolutly no idea what I´m doing wrong.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

// Micke

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Do you have an example of what you would like it to end up looking like?

If you can provide this or a description of what you want then it shouldn't be too much bother to send you something that will give you a starter and you can take it from there.

Jun 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Thank you Andy, but I rather just figure out why changes i make to the style.css in the body {} does not show up. For instance, i changed the width of the body to 95%... nothing... if i change it directly in the master page, it shows right away.

Jun 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM

You might simply need to refresh your browser (ctrl + F5) to flush old CSS file. If not, use FireBug or alike, it will show you what styles used and why.

Jun 11, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Sometimes it´s humbling to feel stupid. Thank you for opening my eyes rtur. The problem is solved. :)