Admin Page for a Custom Control

Topics: Controls
Jun 26, 2011 at 11:48 PM

I have created a custom control that has an administration page for settings.  Everything with the control works fine when dropped in a theme and I can access the admin page by user to update the settings.

According to the Create New Controls documentation on the Wiki:

When the admin page is done, just place it in the /admin/pages/ folder and it automatically shows in the admin menu and is ready for use.

Which "admin menu" is this referring to?  I can't seem to find the page showing up anywhere in the admin views.  I would think it would show up under the Controls tab, but the Blogroll and Custom Controls sections are not dynamic.

Jun 27, 2011 at 3:02 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Need to add it to your root/

All the admin pages are in the site map.

The wiki might need an update for BE 2.0?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<siteMap xmlns="" >
  <siteMapNode url="default.aspx" title="Blog Engine" description="">
    <siteMapNode url="~/admin/Dashboard.aspx" title="dashboard" description="" rights="AccessAdminPages" />
    <siteMapNode url="~/admin/Posts/Posts.aspx" title="posts" description="" rightsAuthorizationCheck="HasAny" rights="CreateNewPosts, EditOwnPosts, EditOtherUsersPosts, PublishOwnPosts, PublishOtherUsersPosts" />
    <siteMapNode url="~/admin/Comments/Approved.aspx" title="comments" description="" rightsAuthorizationCheck="HasAny" rights="ModerateComments" />
    <siteMapNode url="~/admin/Pages/Pages.aspx" title="pages" description="" rightsAuthorizationCheck="HasAny" rights="CreateNewPages, EditOwnPages, EditOtherUsersPages, PublishOwnPages, PublishOtherUsersPages" />
    <siteMapNode url="~/admin/Tracking/Pingbacks.aspx" title="tracking" description="" rights="AccessAdminPages" />
    <siteMapNode url="~/admin/Widgets/Blogroll.aspx" title="controls" description="" rights="AccessAdminPages" />
    <siteMapNode url="~/admin/Extension Manager/default.aspx" title="Extensions" description="" rights="AccessAdminPages" />
    <siteMapNode url="~/admin/Users/Users.aspx" title="users" description="" rights="EditOtherUsers" />
    <siteMapNode url="~/admin/Settings/Main.aspx" title="settings" rights="AccessAdminSettingsPages" description="" />
    <siteMapNode url="~/admin/Posts/Categories.aspx" title="Categories" rights="AccessAdminPages" description="" />

Hope this helps :)

Java Blog

Jun 27, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Thank You.  I'll give that a shot.