Do I need a "read-only" copy of blog?

Topics: Business Logic Layer, Themes
Jun 29, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2011 at 12:02 AM

I have BE installed in a subdirectory and it works great. Now I need to implement the mobile version of the entire site. (Actually, it already exists as another subapplication) that's accessed via a subdomain. I'd like my subdomain to mimic the path structure of the primary domain, e.g., and (which would be the same, I guess, as

The blog on the mobile site needs to be a read-only copy of the main blog, as I don't want any admin features there. I was able to copy the main blog and create a blog subapplication in the mobile subapplication. It runs fine, but I don't know how to make it use separate settings, particuarly the skin.

Am I on the right path or am I barking up the wrong tree here? Some direction would be much appreciated.

Edit: These thoughts always occur to me after I post. Would it work if I create a theme with the same name as the main blog?

Jun 30, 2011 at 2:51 AM

BlogEngine loads mobile theme when you connect from phone and alike. List of devices in web.config - you can modify it if it does not cover your specific device. And you can modify mobile theme too.