syndication.axd not password protected and perf on 2.5x really slow?

Jul 1, 2011 at 1:06 AM

i could have sworn this was posted earlier and addressd in an april release but i can't find it now... in any case i just updated to 2.5.x that was released today and i can still access syndicaction.axd anonymously even if my blog site is password protected. is there a way to fix this/address this?

Also performance sems to be extremely slow on 2.5x/.NET 4.0- it takes 20-30 seconds for pages to load, even if i'm toggling simply between settings (ex: going to users or comments section) any ways to optimize the speed of pages loading? previous to 2.5 i was on 2.5 RC and that was slow but prior to that i was on 2.0 and that was very fast. thanks!

Jul 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Re: slow load times. The issue for me appears to be HTTP compression in BE 2.5. I was getting 10-15 second load times on each page transition. I turned off compression and page loads are now instant. As another data point, I noticed that compression was enabled in IIS on my host provider. I wonder if the content was being compressed twice and that's what was causing it. In any case, problem appears to be solved.

Jul 5, 2011 at 6:37 PM

awesome thanks ppardi, that worked for me. so much faster now!

Anyone else have ideas about the syndication.axd though? i could have sworn there was a post about this tracking issue and it was resolved but i'm still able to access the content anonymously.

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Bingo.  and thank you so much.  I was dying on performance with the 2.5 but also deselected http compression and now my site is flying.  Thank you both so much!

And of course thank you everyone at BE. I really like all of the new features with BE 2.5 keep up the great work.