Hey Guys \ Ladies
I had a few spare hours the last couple days and wanted to make a view counter that tracks views for posts and pages. However I wanted to add some control and some reporting, I came up with this pluging (which quickly went from 1.0-2.1 very quickly) which
has quite afew unique features.
Blog URL: http://www.sexyselect.net/blog/post/2011/07/12/BlogEngine-Post-View-Counter-and-Page-View-Counter
BlogEngine Gallery URL :
Some of the cool features.
- Tracks all views for Posts and pages
- Tracks seperately for each blog instance (multi blog support)
- Display options to show Unique \ All Views
- Select whether to track only when the post \ page is in Full view mode or any mode.
- Adds a view counter to the bottom of the page, that is quite easy to style using simple style sheets
- Full reporting service
- Reporting service runs as a HTTP Handler that gets automatically loaded into the site's web.config on load of the extension (just the first time)
- The handler has two modes, grouped display or individual item display
- The handler will output the HTML into your Theme and does not use any additional style sheets.
- Security framework implemented to force non-authenticated users out
I have this currently running on my blog now and have a full page \ post write up on this extension.
Hope some one enjoys this.