Installs Fine, but no Admin Menu

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Apr 24, 2008 at 1:55 AM
I have installed BlogEngine.NET 1.3 both using the XML provider and the SQLServer Provider, and it looks to install fine. I get the default blog listing, but after I enter the admin username and admin password it goes back to the default blog, no error, but I don't see a Admin Menu so I can create a new user and delete the default admin one.

I have ASPNET with write permissions to App_Data, too. Probably something simple I'm missing. Any ideas?
Apr 24, 2008 at 11:43 PM
I got this figured out. Turns out I was uploading source to my test box and doing permissions on my prod box. Helps if you do it all on the same machine. :-)

ccquadman wrote:
I have installed BlogEngine.NET 1.3 both using the XML provider and the SQLServer Provider, and it looks to install fine. I get the default blog listing, but after I enter the admin username and admin password it goes back to the default blog, no error, but I don't see a Admin Menu so I can create a new user and delete the default admin one.

I have ASPNET with write permissions to App_Data, too. Probably something simple I'm missing. Any ideas?