BlogEngine 2.5 - Corporate Installation

Topics: Controls, Themes
Aug 1, 2011 at 7:34 PM

One of our clients currently uses several instances of BlogEngine 2.0 on their site for various departmental blogs.  I have been evaluating and testing BE2.5 with the intention of bringing all of the different blogs under a single installation.   I have however been hitting a few issues and I wanted to see if I was alone in these issues or if others are seeing them too:-

• I have installed the primary blog and everything on there seems to work fine,  I then create a second blog under folder "~/Test1/" and it appears to create properly, however when I try and access the admin tab things under the newly created blog things go a bit awry.
    • Click on admin - dashboard page cannot be found
    • Post, Comments, Pages, Tracking and Controls tabs (and sub tabs) all appear to be ok
    • Extensions tab gives 404
    • Users Tab and subtabs appears fine
    • Settings tab mostly ok - except "Themes" subtab throws a 404 - I manually updated the theme in the settings.xml file as a workaround but the plan is to let non-techs look after this so I cant vie them rights to those files on the server

On a seperate note, how do I enable logging (if there is any?)

So has anyone else seen this?

Thanks 

Andy

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Hi Andy,

I had the same issue with the admin pages in the sub/virtual blogs. I 'think' the problem is with the url rewriter, but I found the easiest thing to do is to add a wildcard mapping in iis (i'm using iis6). to do this, simply goto the properties of the website, and on the 'Home Directory' tab, select the configuration for the Application Settings. On the bottom of the 'Mappings' Tab, then a wildcard application map by selecting 'insert' and pointing to the aspnet_isapi.dll in you .net 4 install (usually C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll). Also untick the option 'Verify that file exists', click OK, then restart your site. Things worked fine for me after that.

Rocky,

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Hi Rocky,

Absolutley spot on sir!  That was exactly the solution - you even got the IIS version right :-) - and all the control panels have jumped back into live.   Thank you so much for your post, looks like we will be able to go live with this sooner rather than later.

Thanks again,

Andy

Aug 11, 2011 at 4:06 PM

I am having the same issue with my admin pages however my hosting provider refuses to make any changes and will not give access to the iis server.  Is there an alternate solution?

Nov 19, 2011 at 7:28 AM

I'm in the same bout as tron, anyone have a suggestion?