Admin section not displaying content

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls
Aug 31, 2011 at 12:12 AM

hello everyone,

i just installed blogengine on a clients domain. after i login, when i go to the users, posts, blogs pages, it does not display the current info. i.e. i have two users setup that can login, but the users table is blank. i have the default example blog, but the blog table is blank, etc. everything functions, it just dosnt show the info.

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:04 AM

RDO,

It sounds like you might be have the same issues as myself ... http://blogengine.codeplex.com/discussions/270933

An earlier poster said he solved the issue by following the advice from this post: http://blogengine.codeplex.com/discussions/266841

This didn't seem to work for me but maybe it could solve your problem.

If you do get it figured out please post your solution.

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Thank you for your reply

That did not solve my problem either.

I have re-uploaded all files, tripple checked read/write permissions child to /blog/

recycled app pool

 

Please help!

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I had the same problem. Is was able to add posts, pages etc, but they did not appear in my admin overviews.

Until I realized I deleted the /Templates folder (the one that contains only some .htm files). Restoring this folder to my website fixed the problem

Maybe this helps...

Aug 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM

/templates folder re-uploaded.

still same problem...

Mar 20, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Did either of you ever get this issue solved?  We are running into the same situation. Our blog works fine in development and staging but no admin screens are loading in production. They are all using the same version of IIS (7.5) and .NET (4.0).  If so please post.

Apr 2, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Bump ^

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM

This is happening for me too.  Also, I can't save a new post.  I click the button, but it nothing happens.  Cancel works.  

Apr 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM

So we found the issue with this. Using IIS 7 we are also using the URL Rewrite add-in for IIS7. This apparently causes a conflict with BlogEngine.net.  Once the <rewrite> tag was removed from the Web.config of BlogEngine (and its parent application - since this trickles down) the admin section was fully functional again.