Unable to delete user

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 8, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Hi, I've installed the last version of BlogEngine.Net on my aspdiscount.net account. Everything works perfectly except when I create then try to delete a user.

Each time I try to delete a user I created under Admin, I get a "You cannot delete the last user with rights to create or edit users. Grant these rights to another user first before deleting this user."

Strangely enough when that problem starts showing up, I can't delete any role either. They keep coming back when I get back to the role page.

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sep 9, 2011 at 12:45 AM
patzeblue wrote:

Hi, I've installed the last version of BlogEngine.Net on my aspdiscount.net account. Everything works perfectly except when I create then try to delete a user.

Each time I try to delete a user I created under Admin, I get a "You cannot delete the last user with rights to create or edit users. Grant these rights to another user first before deleting this user."

Strangely enough when that problem starts showing up, I can't delete any role either. They keep coming back when I get back to the role page.

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

I am experiencing the same issue.

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Try creating another user with Administrator rights, then delete the user. Read the fix that posted here