Search Feature

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls, Themes
Sep 19, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Edited Sep 19, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I have got this questions sevaral times from my readers, as to how they can search a particular article or look for data in my blog. I have failed to answer that query since the search feature on the top right hand always returns me to the home page or the latest blog page by default. Is there some kinf of feature or extension I need to add to my blog? Is this a common issue or I am just not aware of something that needs to be updated in the blog.

Appreciate the help guys,

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Can you provide URL to look at? Because I'm not sure if you not getting any results or expecting different search behavior.

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:38 PM

This is part of an intranet blog, cant send you an URL to look at sorry. But this has ben a reocuring problem. When I look for an article that I have posted at an earlier date in the search bar and hit search, it basically pulls up nothing. Not sure why.

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:53 PM

So sometimes it gets back results and sometimes it doesn't, even though it should find it with provided search term, right? Is this specific to the search term (another term brings back result)? Specific to that post (can't find anything copied from that post content)? Specific to time, say just published post not searchable but after a while search start working fine for this post?

Sep 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Actually no. No matter what the search content is or the time is it returns the same result irrespective. The result is always the home page for some reason. I am suspecting this is an coding issue.

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I'm guessing that search box is part of the theme and not a widget you've added to the side bar. It is probably throwing JavaScript error when you click button or hit enter.

You might take a look at this post on how to get this kind of search working.