Totaly in the Dark as how to install BlogEngine

Topics: Controls
Oct 22, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Edited Oct 22, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Hi there folks,

Fisrt of all I should state I am not very smart when it comes to computer technical stuff.

I have created a website for a group. I have it uploaded to a server I rent from a hosting company.

On the website I would like each member to have their own blog

So for example

www.mywebsite.com/member_a/blog

www.mywebsite.com/member_b/blog

www.mywebsite.com/member_c/blog

etc etc

I downloaded "BlogEngine.NET 2.5 (web)"

then uploaded all the files contained in the zip file to  www.mywebsite/member_a/

then navigated to www.mywebsite/member_a/default.aspx

At this point i was hoping to see a page whereby each user can set their blog up

However all i see is a page with code and errors.. Ive no idea what it all means.

I did read the docu help on this site

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Installation&referringTitle=Documentation

but unfortunately ive no idea what that means either.

Alot of terms used there that i just wouldn't have a clue what they are, such as "Web Project Folder",  "NET 4.0", "IIS", "SQL",  "Permissions", "ASPNET" ...etc etc etc...   All this is like alien talk to me, so the help documentation is of no use to me whatsoever. :/

Anyway If anyone would like to be a good samaritan and help out a complete idiot, some A to B baby steps on how to install this that a gold fish would understand would be great.

and also is it possible I can set up multiple blogs on the same server so the other members can have their own blogs? (perhaps that was an assumption on my part)

I sure hope somone can help

regards

pan

PS.

um I now see I need to select a Topic in order to post this.. however all i see is

Topics

(please select at least one)
ASP.NET 2.0
Business Logic Laye
Controls
Themes
what one must I choose? My post is in relation to the BlogEngine Sofware?
errr. ok it wont let me post it without choosing one.. im so sorry about this, i was under the impression I was posting in the BlogEngine.net Forum?
I will choose "Controls"?   i dunno..
Oct 24, 2011 at 1:47 PM

It is not possible to help you unless you can help us with the error that you are getting.

BlogEngine's installation is pretty simple but if you stcuk with an error, you might want to take some professional help.

Some web hosting providers like Godaddy.com also have a one click install service where you (as a user) does not even need to download or copy anything.