StorageLocation App Setting

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Nov 13, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I want to use the StorageLocation appSettings option to reference a folder within a Virtual Directory.....however it would that the code is not properly using MapPath to obtain the appropriate physical disk location to reference the blog files.   This should be doable.  Can anyone offer a workaround ?   I would fix myself....however there are tons of references to the StorageLocation appSetting.

I  prefer to have all folders which can potentially be updated (such as blog posts, etc) within a virtual directory.....not within the main web site root directory.

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Is anyone home ?......this is a pretty simple question......can I please get some feedback.

Jan 17, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Would you elaborate bit more clearly what you are up-to  ?

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I want to use the StorageLocation appSettings option to reference a folder within a Virtual Directory.....however it would appear that BlogEngine.net is not properly using MapPath to obtain the appropriate physical disk location to reference the target virtual directory.   This should be doable. Can anyone offer a workaround ? I would fix myself....however there are tons of references to the StorageLocation appSetting.  If the StorageLocation appSettings option is a folder within the main web site folder structure it works fine.....however if it is a virtual directory outside of the web site folder structure then it does not work.

I prefer to have all folders which can potentially be updated (such as blog posts, etc) within a virtual directory.....not within the main web site folder structure.