Where should I point my RSS link for BlogengineDotNet Blog

Nov 21, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Edited Nov 21, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Hi All,

I Have a blog (BEv2.5), integrated with a site.

I want to know where should I point my rss link for the blog?

From documentation and examples it seems I should point to the syndication.axd file wherever it may be located on the file system... It seems however that this file does not exist in my blog/site?

I want people to be able to subcribe to the blog posts... Can I create this file myself? Are there any tuts on this?

Also, can I burn a feed from this file http:///www.xxx.xxx/syndication.axd in feedburner?

Thanks all!

Ciao

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2011 at 3:54 AM

If you try to access syndication.axd - do you get back a feed? This is not a physical file, feed is generated on the fly by syndication handler. But it shouldn't matter, you can use "syndication.axd" as any URL and give it to feedburner as your feed if you wish so.

Nov 22, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Thanks Rtur!

Yes, I see it asks me what I want to use (RSS or Atom) Thanks! This is very neat.

Ciao.
On 21 Nov 2011, at 5:54 AM, rtur wrote:

If you try to access syndication.axd - do you get back a feed? This is not a physical file, feed is generated on the fly by syndication handler. But it shouldn't matter, you can use "syndication.axd" as any URL and give it to feedburner as your feed if you wish so.

John-Henry Opperman
082 331 9554

studio@webfarm.co.za | www.webfarm.co.za | Skype: john.henry.opperman