Archive Widget on Blog Engine.net main site

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:47 PM

HI Guys,

Wondering if anyone knows where I can get the Archive Widget that's on the main blogEngine.net site? I want to make it so I can expand and collapse the years.

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Your question is not clear.

You need to display archive as widget on Home Page ? Suppose there are 100 posts or so across categories that may take a long time to long...

Dec 1, 2011 at 4:20 PM

What I mean is on the archive widget on the main blogEngine.net site if you click on the year's it will expand and collapse the month list. I'd like that same functionality on my blog because it's starting to take up to much space as the more years that go by. My blog is at www.letstrend.com/theblog For some reason on mine if you click on the year it will just make the months bold or unbold.

Coordinator
Dec 1, 2011 at 5:10 PM

This is related to Indigo theme, if you switch to default you'll likely to see the same as on BE site. The problem seems to be that Indigo missing moth list styles. When you click year, javascript toggles list style between "open" and "". Indigo have a style called "open":

.open
{
    font-size: 1em;
}

so it flips font size and that what you see. Instead, it should be:

#monthList .open
{
	display: block;
}

You can probably just copy month styles from default to make it work:

/*----------------------------
				Month list
----------------------------*/

#monthList li
{
	font-weight: normal;
}

#monthList .year
{
	cursor: pointer;
	font-weight: bold;
}

#monthList .year li
{
	margin-left: 20px;
}

#monthList ul
{
	display: none;
}

#monthList .open
{
	display: block;
}
Dec 1, 2011 at 6:32 PM
Edited Dec 1, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Oh thanks. I did notice that my code was the same as the blogEngine.net code, but hadn't had time to debug any further. That works now. I just added the month list css to my theme.  Thanks a million!