Cannot save post in

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jan 21, 2012 at 3:29 AM

I am having a problem about saving posts in ver. Every time i try to save a post there is an error "Could not save post: You cannot save a disposed Post". It seems like it is saving the post, but about 15 min. later the changes seem to disappear again. Does anybody know what this error is all about?

Jan 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM

What is a "disposed post" actually?

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Disposed Post does not ring a bell.  Probably the changes are not being saved, but are sticking in memory ... and then after some time has passed (e.g. 15 minutes), the data in memory leaves and the stored data gets read from the data store again (DB or App_Data), where the changes were never saved.

Does this happen all the time?  What if you update an existing post, does it happen?  Do you get the error when saving new posts?  Are you able to save Settings on the Settings tab?  What about creating  Page or editing a Page in the control panel ... does that work?  Do you have a screenshot of the error?

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Thanks BenAmada.

I got it! it was my own fault.

I was trying to update an existing post.

The problem was a custom control where i actually closed the BlogEngine.Core.Post object with a "Dispose()" command,

so the error message was very correct, sorry!