NivoSlider Extension

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I have installed the NivoSlider extension in my site and I see it on the extensions list, but how do I get it to show in the page.  
is there something else i should do beside the instructions on the extensions download page?   

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I haven't used the Nivo Slider, but in case if you haven't seen it, Ruslan has a 4 part series on the NivoSlider extension.

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Sorry but I didn't understand your answer, I am only trying to get the Nivo Slider show up in my page and not trying to build a new one. I see it in the site's administration but i can't access it on any other page.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM

You're right that the 4-part series does show how to build the Nivo Slider, but also the 2nd part of the series shows how to use the slider.

At the bottom of the post, it says this:

To use this extension, blogger will use this token: [ SLIDER:slider1:750:280 ] or simply [ SLIDER:slider1 ] if default size works fine. It can be inserted anywhere in the post or page. (No gaps in the [ SLIDER ] tokens - gaps here only to prevent rendering as real sliders).

Someone else might be able to help more.  I haven't used the slider before, and was just aware of this 4-part series.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:12 AM

thank you, I will read it and try to implement it on my site.  

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:45 AM

Hey -

I have set this plugin up and added images and added it to a page, I am using 4 images but only one shows up and it cycles through the one image. I have delted it and added new ones, same thing. Any idea why this would happen?

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Do you have any javascript errors? You can use firebug or F12 in IE to check for errors.

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM

No errors that I see - check it yourself -

Apr 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Looks like you have an issue with css, not sure if this is what messes up slider but may be try to resolve it and see if it makes any difference.

should be:

Basically you need to replace "css/960.css" with "960.css" in your theme.

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I fixed the CSS issue and no dice - it still does not work. Does the code look correct on your end? This is the last thing I need to clear up to complete this project. I would gladly Paypal you $$ for your time. I can give you a login to look at it. The other thing I am trying to do is adding a abstract list of the latest 4-5 posts under the text beneath the slider.

Any thoughts on the slider or what the issue could be? And would you be willing to help me out with the other issue as well? Let me know -

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Just in case someone else runs into this, you have to use same slider ID for all pictures you want to display in the same slider. Kind of like this:

slider1 - pic1

slider1 - pic2