Reorder the blog pages

Topics: Controls
Feb 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM

I' have noticed that when I am creating a new page the new page is created in the last position on the page list widget. is there a way to control the pages order? this will really come in handy. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Out of the box menu does not support sorting, but you can check out this user control that does. You may need to make a few changes for it to work with latest version, I'm guessing.

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM

thank you, I will try that. 

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:49 AM

can you tell me where the pages' order is set? if you can point me to the right class or user control? 

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:10 PM

If you talking about control from that link, you should ask it's author. I never used it.

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:14 PM

no actually I am asking about the BlogEngine source code, there must be some kind of method that determines the pages' order after they are created. I took a look at the DB an on table be_pages there is a column named PageRowID which must be the field that determines the pages' order right?

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM

There are 2 controls in app_code/controls folder, PageList and PageMenu. Your theme can use either of them. They both loop over Core.Page.Pages to generate unordered list of pages. Which is... unordered :) Don't forget it is a blog after all, most people just want to add "contact", "portfolio" etc. pages and want them be in order they added. For CMS style you can sure extend it or use control extended by others as I suggested.

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:05 AM

thank you for your help