Email notifications

Jul 8, 2008 at 9:16 AM

I've been using the platform for some time and all in all I think it rocks.

However sth that I noticed missing is the ability to have me (the administrator) notified by email each time a comment arrives. When I leave a comment to one of my posts and click the 'notify me  by email for future replies' I do get them, but I have found no way to get notifications for new posts. Essentially I have to browse the front page a few times every day and just ignore the possibility of new comments in backpages.

Am I missing sth ?
Sep 17, 2008 at 11:20 PM
K, did you ever get any kind of response on this?  I'm really loving blogengine (feel free to check out my in-process implementation at, but the lack of any real comment management other than a moderation toggle/approval process is one of the few glaring issues.  A *really* nice feature would be a tab in the admin section to review/delete/approve comments...unfortunately, while I could code something like this in ASP classic, I'm nowhere close to it in ASP.Net yet.

Secondary to this, a feature to send me (the admin) an e-mail when someone posts a comment would also be very nice (if for nothing else just to let me know which message has been commented on so I can approve it).

Doesn't seem like it'd be that tough, but it's over my pay grade right now.  Maybe I can take a deeper look at it as I get to know what I'm doing.

Anyone have ideas on this?

Sep 18, 2008 at 6:28 AM
Please take a look at:

This is a pretty well known issue.