installing as a sub-site inside a web-app

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jul 9, 2008 at 4:46 PM
hi,
I would like to know how-to, or where-to find info on installing this great software as part of an existing web-app, meaning:
for instance, do I put the app_data folder's contents in my main app app_data folder , or leave it as is?
do I leave the global.asax file where it is, or should I move it to the ../  folder (the main folder)?
Thank you.
Jul 9, 2008 at 8:13 PM
I think you just have to make the blog's top-level folder a virtual directory (and an application) in IIS.  Then you can nest the blog inside an existing site and leave the app_data, app_code, etc as is.
Jul 15, 2008 at 3:59 PM

I've got the same issue -- I'm using godaddy and it's not clear to me whether subdirectories you create are just folders or are virtual/application directories.  I have compilation issues on the hosted copy but everything works fine in my local environment (using VS2K8 Web Express).

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:07 PM
I figured out where godaddy sets vitual directory status.  I cleared that, and moved global.asax out to the top level and now it's working good.  Same code base works in Web Express and in hosted environment.