Extensions Are Not Loading

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:22 AM
I have updated my site to v1.4.0.6. But now am not able to see any extensions in admin control panel and also the extensions are not loading.

Does anybody know the solution for this problem ?
Jul 10, 2008 at 2:42 PM
I have a similar problem: http://www.codeplex.com/blogengine/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=30941

I tracked it down, and saw that for some reason the Application_Start method in the global.asax is not firing, so extensions are not getting loaded. It may be a problem with my hosting server.

As a temporary workaround until I find the problem and solution, I copied the code to a function in default.aspx.cs, check an application-level variable to see if they are instantiated, and if not, do it. This way they get loaded the first time someone navigates any page.
Of course this is until I can find the exact problem...
Jul 10, 2008 at 4:44 PM
Hey thanks for replying,

But I guess it's due to another problem.

In the table "be_DataStoreSettings" the application expects the value in Column "ExtensionType" to be "1" instead of "Extension".

The application tries to convert the string value "1" to int, but since the old value is "Extension" it is unable to convert string to int and hence extensions are not loading.

Change all the values from Extension to 1 under the column ExtensionType in the table be_DataStoreSettings and the problem should be solved.
Aug 9, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Thank you so much for providing the solution to this.  It was kicking my butt for going on 2 hours until I located this thread.