BE 2.5 - MonthList and Duplicate Content Issues

Topics: Controls
Feb 14, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I am hoping to get some help on eliminating duplicate title, duplicate content and too many links on page errors stemming from the Month List pages. Can you provide some input on either 1) how to modify specific CS files to combat this or 2) how to add these to the robots.txt to disallow.

Essentially all the Month Year pages are being seen as duplicates. Thank you in advance!

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Do you mean that you see duplicate records in the month list? Like, you see two records for January where should only be one?

Feb 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM

No. Every page for the month list (2012/02/default.aspx, 2012/02/default.aspx?page=2, etc...) in BE 2.5 has the same exact title (and no description). In 1.6, the title used to have the Page number appended.

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Oh, I think I got it. You were talking about SEO "errors" while I'm trained to start a debugger when hear the word. You can change title in ~/default.aspx.cs file by appending page number from query string, but I don't have code editor at the moment and can't give you exact code. If you add this as an issue to the "issue tracker" (tab up on this page) I won't forget fixing this for current build and will copy solution in this thread.

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I got a developer on my end to look at that code and it looks like there are issues related to pagination of Month List pages. The code in the description.apsx.cs isn't governing the pages and the redirects don't seem to be working (according to him).