Using VistaDB with 1.4.0.21

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:44 PM
I built 1.4.0.21, uploaded it to the server and everything ran well. However, when I copied the revised web.config, BlogEngine.vdb3, and VistaDB.NET20.dll files I got the following error.
The type or namespace name 'AuthorProfile' does not exist in the namespace 'BlogEngine.Core.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
I'm also unable to compile if I add those files to the project in VS 2008.

-- Cory
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2008 at 10:10 PM
The current build will not work with default VistaDB Express BlogEngine.vdb3 file.  We've added a ParentID (UniqueIdentifier) column to the be_Categories table.

However, your error looks like you don't have a reference to the core class library in your web project.

Jul 20, 2008 at 1:47 AM

RazorAnt wrote:
The current build will not work with default VistaDB Express BlogEngine.vdb3 file.  We've added a ParentID (UniqueIdentifier) column to the be_Categories table.

However, your error looks like you don't have a reference to the core class library in your web project.

I tried adding the reference to the web project and it appears I've already set it. Can you think of anything else I can try?

Also, do you know when a revised BlogEngine.vdb3 file will be available, or can you provide me with a script to update my db?
Jul 22, 2008 at 4:20 AM
Can you let me know the latest build that will work with the current vdb3 file? Or can you provide a script to update the vbd3 file to work with the latest build?
Jul 24, 2008 at 1:36 PM
Would someone please post the upgrade SQL script that includes the changes to the be_Categories table? I thought it may have been in the setup folder but I only see the scripts for 1.4.0.0.
Jul 24, 2008 at 5:17 PM
Type this in SQL console and then execute

ALTER TABLE dbo.be_Categories ADD
    ParentID uniqueidentifier NULL
GO