How do I change the RSS icon for a theme?

Jul 31, 2008 at 9:54 AM
Hi there,

basically, the subject says it all. Replacing the "main" RSS icon is no solution, since the icon should be theme dependent ... how would one accomplish this?

Cheerio,

Golo
Jul 31, 2008 at 3:29 PM
rss icon is in pics/rssButton.gif  , change it  there or just find it where your theme site.master adds rss icon.. Create new icon then put in your theme folder , then change it's src to your rss icon.

Jul 31, 2008 at 3:53 PM
Hi,

first of all - thanks for your answer. As said, replacing the icon within the pics folder is no option, since this would be a global change for all themes.

What exactly do you mean by find where the site.master adds it? As far as I can see, the master page does not have an effect on the RSS icon of the blog roll, e.g., or does it?

Cheerio,

Golo
Jul 31, 2008 at 9:50 PM
The Standard theme has the rss icon on the horizontal menu, that is probably what _alpcoker_ was referring to. But the real problem is that controls, for example: the categorylist control, render an img[src=relativewebroot/pics/rssbutton.gif] which is un-themeable.
You could put something like this in style.css:
img.rssButton {
background-image:url(images/myRssButton.gif);
height:0;
overflow:hidden;
padding-top:12px;
width:12px;
}
But that is a hack, and the client still loads the default "rssButton.gif" even though it is not displayed. I guess you could replace rssButton.gif with a single transparent pixel gif.
Aug 1, 2008 at 7:23 AM
Hi Joe,

thanks for your answer. That was exactly what I wanted to know :-)

So as it's obviously not possible at the moment to replace the icon (only by replacing it for EVERY theme) I am going to do that probably ...

Thanks!

Golo