RSS Import Application Problem

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Hi,

I've tried it in 1.3, 1.4 and now 1.45 and cant seem to use the RSS Import to import from wordpress.com or any other RSS for that matter.

The error I get is:
Error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:Server was unable to process request. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException:The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name:value
at System.DateTime.AddTicks(int64 value)
at System.DateTime.Add(Double, Int32 scale)
at BlogEngine.Core.Providers.XmlBlogProvier.InsertPost(Post post) in c:\doc....
Both the RSS Source and BlogEngine Destinations validate. I tried all check-box combinations and even swiched my machine Locale from EN-GB to EN-US... but nothing worked

help

Zohar
Aug 6, 2008 at 3:19 AM
Edited Aug 6, 2008 at 3:20 AM
try going into the settings section of the admin panel and setting your time zone to 0....  You creation times may be off by a few hours, but it should at least allow you to import the posts. 

It seems like there is probably an issue with the date time formats that  are used in RSS FEEDS.  I am not sure how they get parsed, but the importer probably isn't parsing the RSS dates correctly.