Trackback issues with WordPress

Aug 12, 2008 at 4:03 AM
I just want to make sure that this isn't an issue that has been fixed in v 1.4.5 or there is a patch for.

Trackbacks, or should I say pingbacks, work fine between BlogEngine.Net blogs and other blog platforms, but they do not show up on WordPress.

I believe the reason is that WordPress expects trackbacks to be sent to /post-title/trackback and BE.Net is simply sending the trackbacks to the permalink and pingbacks to the WordPress XML Rpc url.

Be.Net should allow the option to put manual track back urls?  Has any one else cam across this?
Aug 12, 2008 at 8:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I've found the issue in code.  I'm about 90% sure I've got it nailed.  I can't make the change from work so I'll test it tonight when I get home and let y'all know.
Aug 13, 2008 at 5:30 PM
It seems that it's at least a 2 part problem and I fixed one of the parts.  Going to dig into it more before I report back with what I've found.
Aug 15, 2008 at 12:48 AM
Edited Aug 15, 2008 at 12:48 AM

I finally decided to get under the hood in this one and found a few bugs...Please see this comment on my blog.  I am not sure how to get this to the development team, but hopefully they are monitoring these forums.

To summarize my comment, there seems to be two unexplainable exceptions being thrown and an error in the logic for getting the pingback  uri.
Aug 15, 2008 at 1:41 PM
Yeah, the second issue with the pingUrl is what I'd found but I hadn't had a chance to check the others.  Cool!