How is SendNotifications triggered?

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Aug 20, 2008 at 5:21 PM
Investigating why notifications about new comments aren't being sent out to subscribed visitors, I came across this method:

private void SendNotifications(Comment comment)

Only place this method seems to be invoked from seems to be through ApproveComment mechanism. So, if comment moderation is not turned on, I don't see how these notifications can be sent. Am I missing something here?
Aug 26, 2008 at 3:24 PM
Nevermind.
Aug 26, 2008 at 5:20 PM
Darn it all, I wish people would give a little more than just never mind....I'm having an issue with my notifications not being sent too....anyone else?

In fact, I'm also having issue with pingbacks and trackbacks not getting registered...sigh....why tf are there so many issues in this app...
Aug 27, 2008 at 3:50 AM
Wayne,
I think you have already seen my solution posted at http://www.codeplex.com/blogengine/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=34286

I wanted to help wasim out first rather than posting my own solution to my question.

I'd like to answer your last question as well. While there's a lot of interest in this project, BE.NET is not the most conducive OSS community. I personally have worked with a lot of OSS projects, and have worked as an paid employee for Apache Axis. OSS projects thrive by welcoming community contribution. I have myself pointed out several of such issues and fixes for BE.NET, but my experiance has been that when ever I pointed out a fix, it would get "silently" applied in to the source code with not so much of an acknowledgement. I'm not out to get glory, but when these things keep happening, who wouldn't feel like saying "**** it. I don't care". My web site (www.codoxide.com) runs the latest version of BE.NET. I spent about 2 weeks fixing bugs before posting it there. In fact, now I keep my fixes in my own repo and merge the latest BE.NET source to mine using a merge tool. I'll still admit that the BE.NET devs have done a great job implementing this engine. I have no plans to switch and look forward to more great work from them. But, every dev should realize that they are not perfect and that they should acknowldge and accept other peoples work.

As for the pingback and trackback, I'm sorry wayne, I don't use them in site. So, I never looked at them. Most likely however, that too would take a minor code tweak. Just don't ask me to look at it :)