Why BE still use the old NuGet 1.2?

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Mar 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

What is the benefit to keep the old NuGet version 1.2? Why not update to 1.6?
In a current extension I'll use NuGet to handle my updates. After creating the package with the NuGet Package Explorer in the curtent version, I wasn't able to handle the packages with the current Nuget.Core.dll. After updating the Nuget.Core.dll in bei BE installation, i can handle both the old and the new packages.
So what is the benefit to keep the old Nuget.Core in the current BE version?

Regards,
Klaus

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Gallery site (dnbegallery.org) uses orchard gallery which hasn't been updated since forever. That is unfortunate and we going to move to our own implementation running on BlogEngine. I'll check if we can update nuget core without breaking compatibility with gallery, we had this problem before. If it is possible, we'll sure upgrade to latest NuGet. Thanks for bringing this up.

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Hi rtur,

thanks for the quick response.
There should be no problem with the gallery. AFAIK the gallery only holds the package service and works as a online package store. The old package format, currently used in the gallery, can be handled from the new NuGet version very well.

The main problem with the gallery is the impossibility to update my hosted widgets with the new package format. If you don't update the NuGet Server version on the gallery, you lock out people they're keeping his software up to date.