Urgent help! Site suddenly not working!

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 2, 2008 at 10:14 AM
Hi all

Check out www.greenballflyers.com - the front page works fine but try clcking through to a post, I get this:

Root element is missing.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.

Source Error:

Line 44: 		else if (Request.QueryString.Count == 0 || !string.IsNullOrEmpty(Request.QueryString["page"]) || !string.IsNullOrEmpty(Request.QueryString["theme"]) || !string.IsNullOrEmpty(Request.QueryString["blog"]))
Line 45: 		{
Line 46: PostList1.Posts = Post.Posts.ConvertAll(new Converter<Post, IPublishable>(delegate(Post p) { return p as IPublishable; }));Line 47: 			if (!BlogSettings.Instance.UseBlogNameInPageTitles)
Line 48: 				Page.Title = BlogSettings.Instance.Name + " | ";

Source File: h:\hshome\greenballflyers\greenballflyers.com\default.aspx.cs    Line: 46

I really really need this site working asap and I've no idea why it's stopped. Just didn't work this morning when I logged on.

Please help!

Thanks
Mark
Sep 9, 2008 at 3:16 AM
There is some security issue or bug due to which randomly some post (xml file) changes to only few tags... It happened with me 3-4 times till now...

Check your posts folder for all XML files which has very small size and see the content. Replace that file from backup would fix it.
Sep 9, 2008 at 8:16 AM
Thank you very much, I figured it was a problem with the posts so uploaded all the posts again and it seemed to work ok.

Once again, many thanks.
Sep 16, 2008 at 8:34 AM
Although not sure but it could be due to this bug (and fix available)
http://dotnetblogengine.net/post/Comment-security-fix.aspx
Sep 16, 2008 at 11:28 AM
Thanks so much, I'll look into it.