Unable to use rich text in post.

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Mar 5, 2012 at 3:47 AM
Edited Mar 5, 2012 at 5:18 AM

I have just setup a BlogEngine.net blog and am in the process of configuration and setting a theme. My problem is when making a post, the title will display but not the post content. Using the raw html editor works, but triggers a server 500 error when selected. If I only wish to use raw text, that would be fine, but I don't like options that do not work.

If NOT selected "Use Raw HTML Editor" the title of the blog post show, but not the post body. [No Text] is displayed.

Basically all the tool bar functions on the bottom row do not work, spell check, font size, font family ect.....

Am I missing a module or plugin?

This is a XML installation on a hosted account. I have tried several themes, and they all result in the same outcome.

Any Ideas??  Thanks

Update: I also just found I cannot edit the "About the author" using the text editor and there is no use raw html option. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Have you tried a different browser, just to see if it works in a different browser?  What browser/version are you using?

The WYSIWYG editor (tinyMCE) does contain a lot of files.  If you uploaded your site to a server, it's possible some of the files didn't get uploaded.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I am using IE9,  I did try safari and same basic errors. The install was provided by the hosting company from their "Web app gallery". I emailed tech support and their reply was there was a coding error. NO KIDDING!!  They did send the error.  I do see now that they installed version 1.6. Time to upgrade or find a better host. This is my currant host  http://webservices.thesba.com/order.aspx

This was the error they sent. 
Raw Url : /admin/Pages/Add_entry.aspx

Message : A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$cphAdmin$txtContent$TinyMCE1$txtContent="

Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)

at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)

at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()

at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Item(String key)

at BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.CompressionModule.context_PostReleaseRequestState(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Data\Development\BlogEngine.NET\BlogEngine\DotNetSlave.BusinessLogic\Web\HttpModules\CompressionModule.cs:line 62

at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Void ValidateString(System.String, System.String, System.Web.Util.RequestValidationSource)

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:53 PM

This happens when BE 1.6 runs on .net 3.5 and up. Try to set this in your web.config inside system.web tag:

<httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" />