HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error

Mar 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

In an attempt understand the installation process for BlogEngine.NET v2.5, I downloaded the "web" .zip package to a vm running Windows Server 2008 R2.  I've installed the Web Server (IIS) role including ASP.NET.  I've also installed the .NET Framework 4.0 from Windows Updates.

After downloading the BlogEngine.NET 2.5 (web).zip file to the vm, I "unblocked" the file (right click, properties, 'Unblock' button).  I then extracted the contents and removed the read-only attribute from the folder and all contents.

In the IIS management console, I created a new application pool using .NET Framework v4.0.30319 and "Integrated" for 'Managed pipeline mode' as indicated in the Installation instructions.  Then, under "Default Web Site", I 'added' a new application providing an alias of "blogengine", selecting the "blogengine" application pool, and providing the physical path.  I've also verified that the App_Data folder has write permission for the NETWORK SERVICE account.

This is the error I'm getting when I try to browse to the BlogEnding.Net site from the local VM -> Click Here

Did I miss something for performing a fresh install?

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Just found it here

Essentially - run "%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe -i" from a command prompt.

Thanks!