Changing Landing page look in theme

Topics: Themes
Mar 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Hi all. I could really use some help.

We're looking at upgrading our blog's theme, specifically the front page. For anyone who's interested,

• Disclaimer: First of all, we need to upgrade to the new version of BlogEngine.Net (I think we're still on 1.5!)

Right now, our blog front page is only a few paragraphs for text. What I'd like to change it to is a title bar, then the most recent 2-3 posts with a thumbnail. The rest of the theme must remain the same to be consistent with the rest of the site's design elements.

I'm not a programmer, but will be working with our outsourced programming team, and I am uncertain as to their profiencies with BlogEngine.Net.

I have some questions on this process:

• Will this require a overhaul to the theme.aspx file, or can we program the new elements in the pages control panel? 
  • If this requires changes to the theme.aspx file - how minor/major are the changes?
  • Can you give me some guidance as to the instructions I need to give the programmers so that we're all on the

Any help you can give me would be great!

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:10 PM

It really depends on your theme, most would need very little changes between 1.5 and 2.5. You can tell programmers to look at themes like ArthemiaPro or ChannelPro ( for examples of front page manipulations.

Mar 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!