Blog Importer

Topics: Controls
Sep 7, 2008 at 10:57 AM
Help - trying to use the Blog Importer to import BlogML from another blog.. and irrespective of what I put in the Login and Password box - I get a message saying the username and password is incorrect.

BlogML validates ok.

Destination Information:

http://localhost/blogengine/
Login: Admin
Password: admin

No advanced options...

Have tried creating a new account - same problem.

:-(
Sep 7, 2008 at 11:32 AM
have just seen a couple of similar posts... gather it's a SOAP exception under the covers...

bummer.. today was going to be the 'big switch' :-)
Sep 8, 2008 at 3:28 AM
Abouch,

Sorry about being bummed.  I know how that goes.  What blog are you migrating from?  If it's Community Server I might be able to assist.

Regards,
Dave
Sep 8, 2008 at 6:44 AM
Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply...was going to import from dasBlog. I've successfully exported BlogML - but stuck on the import (trying the RSS feed says the feed is invalid).

Not urgent... and I gather from an earlier post that the import component is going to be worked on.

Regards,

Tony
Sep 8, 2008 at 9:27 AM
Tony have you got a valid BlogML (and not RSS) file from dasBlog to work with?  Secondly, have you tried the following :
Create a user account and write a post with it to ensure that there are no permission issues with your installation.  Then do the import using the same user credentials.

Dave
Sep 8, 2008 at 9:35 AM
Hi Dave - thanks for the reply.

Yes I've created a valid BlogML export (it validates on the Import app as well), and I have created/tested two user accounts and can create posts fine.

Tony