Comments are Failing

Apr 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Comments have suddenly stopped working on my site. 

You can see this in action:  Go to

http://nickhodges.com/post/Comments-Broken.aspx

and try to add a comment.  The spinning "Wait" graphic appears, and nothing happens.

I recently changed themes, but switching back to the old theme ends up with the same results.  In addition, comments have worked since that theme change.

I can't think of any other information to add -- the last comment I added was by me on April 1, and since then, comments have been broken.

Any help will be gratefully accepted.

Nick Hodges

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Looks like you have syntax highlighter stuff added twice for some reason. First try to disable highlighter and see if it will make any difference.

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:11 PM

rtur --

Hey, thanks for the response.

Yeah, I did have syntax hightlighter in there twice.  I removed the "custom code" version that I had  manually added.  Didn't make a difference.

Then I disabled the built in extension, and still get the behaviour.  (The site is now set to not use syntax highlighting, so you can see it if you check my link).

Any further ideas?

Thanks again --

Nick

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Not sure may be it is just because my company blocks it, but I see your "book stuff" widget throwing errors all over the place. Try to install "firebug" and check for JS errors. Or just remove this widget temporary to see if it is indeed a problem.