web application vs website?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Apr 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I'm writing an asp.net 4.0 website.  The sites I've done have always been websites, not applications.  Can BlogEngine be integrated into a website?  If I have to convert my website to an application, can someone help me with a baby explanation of how to do that? 

My new website is still be written, there's no reason why I can't make it an application at the point.  What I don't understand is how to have the website and BlogEngine both part of the application.  How do I set the website as the default, and how do I get to the blog?

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Post on web app project and link to project itself.

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Thank you, but I still don't understand.  Once I have BlogEngine as a web application, how do I add my own website in?

Apr 16, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Sorry, I thought you need BE as web application project rather than website, common request people make. In your case, I don't really understand what exactly you looking for. BE is already website, not application. If you need something extra, you can just extend it by adding your stuff into BE.

Apr 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I want to integrate BE into an existing website.  Actually into a website I'm currently writing.  Do I need an application to have both?  and if I do, how do I do that?

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:54 PM

This probably similar to what you trying to do: installing be in subdirectory.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Thank you.  That's exactly what I needed!